Growing up in the east San Gabriel Valley


I was born in West Covina (Lark Ellen Hospital, which is no longer there) and raised in La Puente during the 1950's, 60's and 70's - my world included the entire east San Gabriel valley. Our family doctors were Dr. Scherger & Dr. Sauer - they had their practice on Main Street in La Puente. The cities of West Covina, La Puente, Baldwin Park and El Monte were all part of my stomping grounds. This was our corner of the world - back when we were home. I grew up in West Puente Valley, near Francisquito and Puente Avenue, my wife grew up over on the east side of La Puente off Main Street. Of course time marches on and waits for no one, so it's nice once in awhile to look back as we travel down this fast lane called Life. I love the fact that this site has been viewed all over the world - I have received emails from folks from all over the country as well as other countries that used to live here, sharing their appreciation as well as some of their own memories with me. I hope you enjoy the memories as well, each picture has a whole story of it's own - your story and your memory! Some viewers of this site have labeled it a Great Time Machine. These were our
Sandlot years... If you happen to have any photographs that you would like to share, please contact me. Thanks to everyone who contributed pictures and gave permission to post them here on this electronic scrap book. There are 4 pages of photographs on this site so far as well as a few local pop culture features -- keep checking back, I add pictures and video's on here all the time.  If some links to various sites here do not connect - come back and re-click on this link below to activate all the links on this site                     WHEN WE WERE HOME - ACTIVATE LINKS 
Hope you enjoy, after all - this is for you...